A person who loves research and development
Ph.D, specializes in the following fields:
"Computer Vision, Machine Learning(Deep learning), Image Processing, Tracking and 3D reconstruction"
And I have been developing with c / c ++ for over than 10 years.
I am sharing my interesting via:
computer vision blog : http://study.marearts.com
opencv lecture : http://cvlecture.marearts.com
webapp : http://webapp.marearts.com
Github : https://github.com/marearts
my email email@example.com
I am always studying and there is no rest in research and development.
Now I am looking for job. Any company who want to research with me, please contact me.
2018. 02. 05
*Projects (last update 2015.02.10)
Auto image categorizing on the PTX preset tour camera(2014.09~2014.11)- The videos are stored as preset touring is very inconvenient when you want to see the video only particular scene.
- This algorithm can do categorize and distinguish the scene without any external information about the scene.
- see the more results on youtubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP0zFOTI8t4
Video Stabilizing(2014.07~2014.09)- The project is to compensate unshakable video for shaky camera by calculating the amount of movement of the feature point in the image.
- The basic method is like that http://feelmare.blogspot.kr/2014/04/video-stabilizing-example-source-code.html, but more complex algorithm is required for normal environment.
- This technique is consisted of differential image, background image extraction(without moving object), feature extraction, matching(homography, ransac), affine transformation(movement, rotation), non-linear optimization, kalman filter...
- This subject is not easy problem, this project need more improvement.
- Please results refer to youtube.
Torso and face detection in video(2014.04~2014.06)- Search the upper body in the video, upper body means frontal and back.
- If face existed in the detected upper body, represent face in the result.
- Torso is learned by HOG+SVM and face is learned by Adaboost algorithm
- The rsult of torso+face is represented left side and torso only detection result is represented right side in the output video.
- see the result video in youtube
Real-time stitching multi-videos to one screen(2013.12~2014.03)
- Each cameras has a limited field of view, but the solution can be monitoring large areas from merged into a panorama image.
-The solution can be applied efficiently and easy in Military Region, tourist attractions, intersections, ports
- See more detail in here.
Real-time yard trailer identification by detection of vehicle ID number(2013.09~2013.11)- Y/T(Yard Trailer) number identification solution using image processing
- The solution using camera is easy to installation and maintance compare to the RFID. And It is more free from distance constraint.
- The project used machine learning methods, SVM(Support Vector Machine), MLP(Multi Layers Perceptron), to recognize the number ID
- GPU used for a high-speed image processing.
- See more detail in here.
- I performed this project when I worked on GITC.
- The algorithm is to classify traffic light shape or not by HMM(hidden markov model) in candidate blob that is extracted by pre-trained color model.
- Demo video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxCs1mCrLT8
- Hardware Platform R&D, Software Architecture R&D(My Job), Autonomous(My Job)
- see the video on the youtube -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMxlSBvagy8
Unmanned Vehicle Project(2009.11~2010.10) - Hyundai & Kia 10th Future Vehicle Contest(Link)
- Goal : To drive 4km course with unmanned vehicle and to accomplish various missions(The contest is similar to DARPA unmanned vehicle contest)
- Hardware Platform R&D, Software Architecture R&D(My Job), Autonomous(My Job): Obstacle Avoidance(Sensing, Localization, Mapping, Path planning)
Humanoid Robot R&D(2007.3~2009.2) - with KIST(Korea Institute of Science and Technology)
*1st year :Real-Time Dynamic Path Panning
*2st year :Robot and Interested Object Pose Estimation
*3st year : Object pose estimation of Ellipse shape type
Embeded camera R&D for Real-Time fire detection surveillance in tunnel environment(2008.7~2009.6)- High Computing Power Embeded Camera R&D, Fire & Smoke Detection(My Job)
Introduced Page Link
SK+TU (SK telecom + Tongmyong University) Project(2006.3~2008.3)*1st year : Object Based Video Communication
- Goal : To improve compression efficiency using extracting interested object in mobile communication.
- Image Processing in PDA(My Job), Fast Face detection algorithm R&D using CAMShift + AdaBoost Algorithm(My Job)
*2st year : Intelligent Image Management System for Digital Photo Albums
- Goal : Intelligent Photo Album management Software R&D
- Multi-View Face Detection(My Job)
Machine Vision System R&D for detect defective parts of Car(2005.3~2006.3) - with SaeDong Corporation, Korea Intellignece Machine Corporation
- Goal : Machine Vision Hardware & Software R&D for detect defective parts of car.
- Hardware Production, Software R&D, Auto Calibration in poor lighting condition(My Job)
 T. Zhu, J. H. Kim, D. J. Kang, M. S. Kim, and S. Lee, Ju, “영상감시시스템에서 은닉마코프모델을 이용한 불검출 방법,” 한국정보처리학회 춘계학술발표대회, vol. 16, no. 1, 2009.[ PDF ]
 J. Y. Lee, J. H. Kim, and D. J. Kang, “능동형상모델과 피부색 검출을 통한 손바닥경계 형상의 추적,” 한국정보처리학회 춘계학술발표대회, vol. 1, no. 13, pp. 681-684, 2006.[ PDF ]
 J. H. Kim, T. J. Rho, J. Y. Kim, and D. J. Kang, “적응적 Boosting 과 CAMShift 알고리즘을 이용한 실시간 고속 얼굴 검출 및 추적 시스템의 개발,” 전자공학회 추계 학술발표대회, 2006.[ PDF ]
 J. H. Kim, M. S. Kim, and D. J. Kang, “불균등 조명에서 비접촉 계측을 위한 반자동 카메라 교정 방법,” 한국정보처리학회 춘계학술발표대회, vol. 1, no. 29, pp. 281-282, 2006.[ PDF ]
 J. H. Kim, D. G. Kim, T. J. Lho, M. S. Kim, S. H. Lee, and D. J. Kang, “불균등 조명에서 비접촉 계측을 위한 자동 카메라 교정 방법,” 전자공학회 추계 학술발표대회, 2006. [ PDF ]
 Y. J. Yoon, J. H. Kim, D. J. Kang, "무인자동차 PtoP 주행에서 회전반경을 고려한 경로 추적에 관한 연구," 2010. [ PDF ]
 J. H. Kim, D. J. Kang, "스테레오 카메라와 차량 자세를 이용한 무인자동차의 주행 가능 영역 검출," 대한임베디드 공학회, 추계학술대회, 2012. 11. 08 [ PDF ]
 J. H. Kim, T. Zhu, J. Y. Kim, and D. J. Kang, “혼합 약한 분류기를 이용한 AdaBoost 알고리즘의 성능 개선 방법,” Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 457-464, 2009. [ PDF ]
 J. H. Kim, Z. Teng, and D. J. Kang, “자기 조직화 지도를 이용한 다중 평면영역 검출,” Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 22-30, Jan. 2011. [ PDF ]
 J. H. Kim, T. J. Lho, J. Y. Kim, Y. J. Hong, J. W. Kwon, and D. J. Kang, “AdaBoost 기반의 실시간 고속 얼굴검출 및 추적시스템의 개발,” Journal of Control, Automation and Systems Engineering, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 1074-1081, 2007. [ PDF ]
 J. H. Kim, T. Zhu, D. J. Kang, and J. E. Ha, “Multiple Plane Detection Method from Range Data of Digital Imaging System for Moving Robot Applications,” International Conference on Advanced Computational Engineering and Experimenting, 2010. [ PDF ]
 J. H. Kim, J. H. Park, and D. J. Kang, “METHOD TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF THE ADABOOST ALGORITHM USING GAUSSIAN PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTION,” 2008 International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 1749-1752, 2008. [ PDF ]
 J. H. Kim, J. H. Park, and D. J. Kang, “Camera calibration method under poor lighting condition in factories,” 2008 International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 2162-2166, Oct. 2008. [ PDF ]
 J. H. Kim, B. G. Kwon, J. Y. Kim, and D. J. Kang, “Method to improve the performance of the AdaBoost algorithm by combining weak classifiers,” Content-Based Multimedia, pp. 357-364, 2008. [ PDF ]
 J. H. Kim, I. M. Ahn, and D. J. Kang, “Fast Cascade Training in AdaBoost Using Random Selection of Positive Data,” International Conferene on Mechatronics and Information Technology, pp. 56-58, 2009. [ PDF ]
 Z. Teng, J. H. Kim, and D. J. Kang, “Ellipse detection using an improved randomized Hough transformation,” IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging, Vol. 7870, pp. 78700U-78700U-8, San Francisco, USA, January, 2011. [ PDF is not prepared ]
 Z.Teng, J. H. Kim, and D. J. Kang, “Real-time lane detection by using multiple cues,” International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 2334 - 2337, Seoul, South Korea, 2010. [ PDF ]
 S. C. Yu, J. H. Kim, T. Zhu and D. J. Kang, “Underwater Object Recognition Using 3D
Image Sonar for AUVs,” International Conference on WaterSide security, Singapore, 2012. [ PDF is not prepared]
 Z. Teng, J. H. Kim, and D. J. Kang, “Fire detection based on hidden Markov models,” International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 822-830, Aug. 2010. [ PDF ]
 J.H. Kim, Z. Teng, and D.J. Kang, “Real-time multiple plane area detection using a self-organizing map,” Optical Engineering, the journal of the Society of Photo-optical Instrumentation Engineers / 0036-1860 ; 0091-3286 ; 1560-2303 ; / 2012. [ PDF ]
 Z. Teng, J.H. Kim, and D.J. Kang, “Ellipse detection: A simple and precise method based on Randomized Hough Transform,” Optical Engineering, the journal of the Society of Photo-optical Instrumentation Engineers / 0036-1860 ; 0091-3286 ; 1560-2303 ; / 2012 [ PDF ]
 J.H. Kim, Y. Z. Yoon, S. C. Yu, and D.J. Kang, “Real-time 2D height mapping method for an unmmaned vehicle using stereo camera and laser sensor fusion,” International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, Vol. 10, no. 4, pp.761-771, 2012. [ PDF (manuscript version)]
 김정현, 강동중, 등죽, 이주섭, and 김민성, “영상 감시 시스템에서 은닉 마르코프 모델을 이용한 불 검출방법(fire detecting method using hidden markov models in video surveillance and monitoring system),” 출원번호: 1020060078283 (2006.08.18.), 등록번호: 100837119 (2008.06.04)
 김정현, 김민성, 강동중, and 이세호, “영상 계측을 위한 카메라 교정방법(a camera calibration method for measuring the image),” 출원번호: 1020060078283 (2006.08.18.), 등록번호 : 100837119 (2008.06.04.)
 김정현, 이강석, "스포츠 중계를 위한 3차원 미니맵 서비스 제공장치(Providing apparatus of three dimensions mini map service for sports broadcasting)," 출원번호:1020140026241(2014.03.05), 등록번호:1014681590000(2014.11.26)